Tuesday 11 March 2008

Where Am I?



I still don't know where I am. My new mum has said that I will be leaving here but she hasn't told me where here is. In the afternoon, lots of people arrive and that first lady I met tells them all about where we are.


Cazaux has picked up the local dialect faster than me and he tells me that we are at a place called the Scottish Borders Donkey Sanctuary, where lots of donkeys live happy lives. There are 38 other donkeys here, and it is something called a charity which helps donkeys when they are in trouble - wish they would go to the farm I came from and help the donkeys who are in trouble there.


Every Saturday and Sunday, other people can come and meet the donkeys and give funny pieces of paper and coins which are magically turned into apples, carrots (yes I have met carrots now) and hay (which I already knew). This sounds a pretty good system to me. Do they take foreign money - Cazaux has heard that they had to pay funny foreign money to save our lives but I'm not sure whether or not to believe him - I have always been told that I am a worthless, useless donkey, so why would anyone give money for me? This is all so confusing, do they care enough about me to do this even though they had never met me? I just don't understand any of this.


No comments: