Tuesday 11 March 2008

Cazaux Is Braver Than Me


From the moment he woke up on his first day of freedom, Cazaux started to sing. He whinnied and called and sang and chortled and yelled and stamped his feet and wanted everyone to come and say hello to him.


I wouldn't have dared - I stayed well at the back of the stable, eating cautiously, keeping very very quiet just in case the bad lorry came back for me. You never know, it might be parked just up the road waiting for naughty donkeys who have been stupid enough to believe that they have been saved. I've heard of stories like that, people tease the donkeys who are going to die.


But Cazuax had decided that life was going to be good - he had a bash at the Marseillaise - he is not very tuneful - until someone came to make a fuss of him and tell him to shut up, he was disturbing the peace! I don't understand much of what they say. They use funny words and have a funny accent, it's all very strange to me. Cazaux says we should have been given some audio tapes so that we could learn the lingo before we got here - maybe the fact we didn't means that they will send us back?

No comments: