Tuesday 11 March 2008

They Unload The Lorry

It was so dark, well into the night. I was so so tired. I could hear Cazaux snoring gently then suddenly we stopped.

The ramp was lowered, we didn't want to come out - we couldn't see where we were. But we had no choice, this was the end of our journey.

Then I found myself in a warm stable, with hay, and water. They were saying funny words I couldn't understand. One of them was crying and saying poor wee thing, what a state to be in, I flinched when they came near me. I just wanted to hide.

They took Cazaux away to another place - I couldn't see him and I was too frightened to look out, I just hid at the back of the stable, covering my face with the haynet so no one could see me. Was this place ok? Was it all a trick? Tomorrow would I be going to my death. Cazaux called to me, courage he said, courage. It will be ok.

No comments: