Tuesday 11 March 2008

Our First Day of Freedom

I was so scared at first, didn't know where we were. I hadn't slept much and I was too frightened to eat as well, just stood there, dozing, worrying.

Then it was daylight and the sound of voices. I wondered if they would hurt me but no they had brought me strange things to eat - I believe it was an apple but I've never seen one before, and when they held out their hand to me and offered me a slice of it, I didn't know what to do.

They kept on saying try a bit you'll like it but I wasn't sure, maybe this is how they kill you, they poison you. This woman kept saying to me, oh lass you are so so skinny, nothing of you. Try to eat. Finally I gave in, I took this funny thing and chewed it - it tasted sweet, nice, like nothing I had ever had before. I liked it. I looked up, hopefully, was there another bit? Yes, there was.

Maybe this funny foreign food could be ok - I would have to be careful as you never know how they might try to trick you but so far it seemed ok.

I hoped that Cazaux was getting some of the food as well, as he was very thin too and needed lots of food to make him well again.

No comments: