Wednesday 23 April 2008

Haylage - One Day Only

We have run out of hay - disaster!!!! How could that silly woman let this happen, knowing how much I enjoy my dinner every night.....will it be a return to starvation.

She says it's not her fault that our hay supplier was waiting for more to arrive and she ordered in good time. Anyway, to tide us over, she bought some very sweet smelling haylage and just as I was enjoying it, the delivery of hay turned up - so we are back to the standard hay bales.

I'm not sure if I am happy or sad - it is nice to see all that hay stacked up neatly waiting for me to eat it (makes me feel secure to know it is there and that there should be plenty for a semi starved donkey) but on the other hand I was quite enjoying the new flavour of haylage - much sweeter, softer, a bit more aromatic, I could get used to it!

We have finished the bale that was opened and there are two left, but I have been told these are 'emergency' only rations and I shouldn't get too excited that they will be opened soon.

No comments: