Sunday 29 June 2008

They Try to Kill Me

I was given funny food this morning, not had it before. It tasted very nice, so being a naughty donkey, I ate is much too fast and choked on it.

I stood there, spluttering, panicking - maybe the folks from the fat farm had tracked me down as they don't like donkeys to escape their clutches and they had put something in the food to finish me off - if plutonium can get into food in hotels in London then who knows what they could have thought of for a poor Vodka donkey.

Mum rolled her eyes and muttered something about more vets' bills - being a skinflint, she decided to take action herself. She got this funny plastic thing and squirted lots of water into my mouth to make me swallow - as she said, quite why I couldn't just have a drink and clear my throat was beyond her. After a dozen or so of these funny squirty things that made me cough and splutter even more - I am sure she intended to drown me - suddenly it was gone and I could breathe again.

After all that, I was off, out to the field, there was no way I was going to be fooled by that funny food again....

Funnily enough I had it again for my dinner.....

No comments: