Sunday 29 June 2008

Finally I can cast a clout

It is almost the end of June and finally I feel confident that I could let go my winter coat.

Aimee and Ferguson have both shed their winter coats, and been combed so that they now are nice and sleek, though Ferguson is still a bit furry and fuzzy in places.

But not me, not a hair. I am still a hairy mammoth. This morning, I was absolutely covered in shavings so mum got the comb out and about an hour later, most of me was shavings and tangle free - she still hasn't got as far as my tummy (muchos tanglos in there) and there are some funny matted bits on my hind legs that no one is going to get near if I have anything to do with it.

She told me not to be a silly donkey and made my wear my headcollar and stand still - Dad was the other side of the door holding the rope (sensible out of reach of giraffe legs) while mum combed and teezed my long long coat. She said her poor old wrists aren't up to all this grooming so next time she is going to send me to a salon and they can have a go at a cut and blow dry. Maybe I will have a caffe latte and croissant at the same time - I didn't get one today, so I didn't leave a tip.

I still have tuggy bits on my fore head - another area you are NOT going to get anywhere near with a comb - but all in all I am a bit of a more fluffy and sleek donkey. I got that funny fly rug put on again (though it had been freshly laundered and didn't smell quite so much of donkey pee as I had lain down with it on and come up not smelling of roses but something slightly more eau de donk.....Mum complains that doing my laundry is not terribly good for her washing machine and her clothes sometimes come out smelling a bit suspect after my laundry has been done.

Simple answer, I feel I should have my own washing machine, a commercial size one so all my winter rugs can be laundered and pressed, and re-proofed etc. I will send instructions to room service immediately.

No comments: