Wednesday 11 June 2008

Belle is Saved

We have been on tenterhooks - the old mare at the fat farm, my friend Belle, was given the special spangled banner which said she was saved, but sadly when the good lorry came for her, she was too ill to travel to safety in the UK. Not too ill to travel to Italy for slaughter in the bad lorry but too weak to come here.

I was so disappointed, it was so so cruel for her to get her hopes up and then, tragedy. A real kick in the teeth (bet she has had a few of those in her time).

But the good news is that money was found to pay for her Belle Freedom Banner - and she has found a home in France where she can enjoy the rest of her life. Even better news, her daughter Romana was also given the special banner and has been saved too - she is now here as well, learning how to behave nicely and trust people again.

I am delighted, I have run up and down, shouted my head off and yelled to everyone who wants to listen BELLE IS SAFE. It has quite made my day as I have fretted about her since I left her behind.

Sadly there are more donkeys at the fat farm - mum says one is the image of Aimee - but three donkeys here are enough, although she would no doubt find space for one if she had to - I know she is a soft touch.

No comments: