Friday 26 December 2008

I Was Not Meant to See Christmas Day

If my luck hadn't changed in March 2008, I would be long gone and probably eaten by now.

I can only say Thank You to everyone who helped me. For the other donkeys due to die shortly, there are my festive thoughts.

A little black donkey, so many years ago
Asleep in his stable, away from wind and snow
Suddenly awakening, an angel at his door,
Staggers to his feet, trembling, full of awe

A celestial choir is singing,
A star is shining bright,
A caravan of hope, travelling through the night,
To celebrate a birth, on this cold and frosty night

A little black donkey, hungry, cold and tired
Once full of love, once full of dreams, but hope has all expired
Hurtling in this bitter night, a caravan to hell
No Christmas sleigh with Santa Claus, no jingling reindeer bells

A sleigh of pain and broken lives
Gallops fast on tracks of fear
The little donkey shivers
And quietly sheds a tear

No comments: