Monday 1 September 2008

Mum Visits My Hero, Cazaux






I am very upset, mum went to see my best boyfriend and didn't suggest taking me along!
All I get are these mingy photos of him in all his glory - well less glory than he used to be but we won't go into his transformation into a contented gelding......She also ran out of memory on her camera so couldn't even take most of the pictures she planned - how's that for organisation?
It has been six months since I said goodbye to my gallant french friend, who helped me through the horrible times on the fat farm in France - at the very least I should have a mobile so I can call him up and have a hee haw about life and times but no, all contact stopped. I want visitation rights.
It's nice to see how well he is, much fatter than when we said our farewells, though I think I have a funkier haircut. Mum said he is still as in your face as ever and totally charismatic - so nothing's changed other than the loss of his mangy old coat and the gaining of several kilos.
Mum left him his Pension Fund, which I am sure he wants to be invested in carrots and other edibles though Helen may have other ideas on what it can be spent on. Mum said they had lots of hay in store - more than we have .......I must have words as I don't like this idea of a lack of winter rations.
Cazaux really is King of the Castle there - he even has his own promotional keyring (didn't have the heart to tell him that other donkeys have been similarly honoured as I am sure he thinks it's only the gallant Cazaux that features in any promo goods).
My little heart skipped a beat to see him - my dinky Scottish friend Ferguson does his best but he has the charisma of a....very diminutive Scottish donkey. He just lacks the je ne sais quoi of the gallic gallant.
I am deeply jealous of Charlotte and Coquette, the two French fillies, who are in braying distance of my brave boy. Eat your heart out Vodka, they can see, hear but not touch. Maybe that's worse, being so close to Mr Irresistible but so far.
Bonjour Cazaux, bravo. I am sending you tant de baisers.
Your sweetheart, Vodka.

No comments: