Thursday 15 May 2008

Spring Has Sprung



There is this mysterious green stuff shooting up everywhere - yippee it is spring grass.
All these tender young shoots of succulent grass are just emerging - I am really enjoying nipping off the top couple of inches - it tastes so sweet - I really like the reeds and some of the wild flowers are very tasty as well.
I am feeling much better. Mum says I am looking much stronger - a couple of days ago I had my first mad five minutes, I got down in the grass, had a roll, got up, bucked, kicked, galloped all over the place, braying and showing off. Mum stood and laughed at me. She says typical no camera just when you want it.
Aimee and Ferguson tried to keep up but with their short little legs they could not keep up with the Gazelle Donkey! I was so so fast - then it happened, oops down in a heap, tried to take a corner just a bit too zippy, legs went and down I went. Remember the scene from Bambi on the ice, well the Giraffe/Gazelle donkey went down just like that.
Oh how to get up and pretend it hadn't happened...dignified....nonchalant (notice my vocabulary I still remember my French).... the other two were sniggering like mad, couldn't keep a straight face. Oh well, must be more careful as mum says legs can snap and this is very bad news for donkeys.

No comments: