Thursday 16 July 2009

Vodka Horse & Pony Charity Donkey of the Year Poll

Mum tells me that my charm, beauty and general donkey perfection has been recognised far and wide and that I am the proud winner of the Horse and Pony Poll for Charity Donkey of the Year. Photographers, cameras and tape recorders are expected next month to record me for posterity.

So first of all may I thank all of you who voted for me - you have shown exquisite taste - and for those of you who voted for the spotty scottish stumpy, Aimee, well better luck next time. Aimee is not talking to me for some reason. Hard to see why but hey everyone hates a bad loser.

I have never had to worry about that, as it is clear to me that I am a winner. A star donkey. From the minute I stepped down the ramp in Scotland, my life changed forever in fact it's hard for me to remember all those bad times, how cold and skinny I was and how frightened. It's a bit like a bad dream, I'm sure it happened but I just don't want to go back there, thank you.

To all my fans, thank you. Mum says I must not become more big headed than I already am, or I won't get in the field shelter, my head will be too big - it is quite a narrow doorway but I think I can puff up with pride just a little.

I have travelled a long distance in miles to come to my new home, but the distance in other ways has been just as great. I think of my friends, like little Elizabeth, who didn't get the chance to become a useful equine citizen and have a home where people appreciate them. I am a very lucky donkey.

I intend to be a fine ambassador, and will work for world peace, saving the planet, and all the other things you are supposed to do - but mainly I intend to have a happy life and never let Aimee forget that she DIDN'T WIN!

No comments: