Friday 1 May 2009

Vodka is Abandoned

They did it, they left us.

They had to go away for the weekend. Now we are used to coming in at night for cocktails, dinner, a wee dram then bed, get our jim jams on and down we go for a bit of shut eye. None of this roughing it in a field.

We got suspicious, instead of going into the big field, we were herded into the little one with the field shelter. But we came in at night, lulled into thinking it would be ok. In some ways it was, there is lots of nice new grass there as it has been rested all winter and there was all this lovely tender green stuff just perfect for a Vodka donkey.

Next day, we went in there joyfully, thinking fine, no worries. BUT they left us there, no dinner, no room service, just the field shelter to cower in the cold....I ran up and down the field, yelling at them as I could see them there, watching tv, having a glass of wine. I shouted and shouted but no I was IGNORED.....went to bed hurt. I also managed to make sure that I had most of the field shelter and the Scottish stumpies got very very little of it. We spent a mournful night nursing our wrath to keep it warm....

Next morning, no breakfast again. As it was sunny and midgy they took off my outdoor rug and put on my fly rug, then gave me a hug and left me.

FOR THREE DAYS! They went on Saturday and didn't get back till Monday night.

When I saw the car, I screamed at mum, braying with all my heart, let me in....please....I'll be good. Finally, back in my stable, my dinner, my nightie, oh it felt good.

No comments: