Sunday 19 April 2009

Vodka Donkey is Dive Bombed

They are back, those pesky swallows. They have been doing their aerial acrobatics all over the stable, above my head. They built a nest last year on the girders running around the top of the barn - there are about 4 nests in all - and one of them is right above my stable.....

They make a dreadful chit chat noise all the time, waking me up, can't even dose early in the morning once it is light as they are up before me and flying around and chittering and chattering away.

Mum says they are lovely, a protected species, and while they make a bit of mess by not being house trained....they make a mess of my lovely clean rugs.....she says that we should welcome their arrival as the beginning of spring/summer and the end of the horrible winter. I think I should have protection from them, getting me up early. I need my beauty sleep.

No comments: