Sunday 23 November 2008

I Am No Longer A Size Zero


When I arrived in the UK in March 2008, I was a skinny little thing, every bit of my skeleton could be seen and felt, you could play a good tune on my ribs and my spine was a good zylophone!

I was so cold and tired and hungry and mum brought over my tartan coat of many colours to the Scottish Borders Donkey Sanctuary, where I had to rest for a week as I was too weary and weak to travel any further.

This rug was so so big on me, drowned me, you could have got two of me inside it. Now that we are facing arctic conditions, it has been brought out for me, as it is the warmest rug I inherited from Mouse donkey - 350 grms of pure warmth - and it covers me from ears to tail (in fact I can tuck me ears in under the neck bit and keep them warm as well).

Poor Mouse only got to wear it for a month before she died, so it is lovely and warm - but now I fit it! The straps had to be let down more than SIX INCHES so that they would go round my very large warm tummy......mummy says my modelling days are over....I don't care, I like being a more voluptuous Vodka donkey. Mum warns me not to get any bigger or some of the NEW rugs only bought this year won't fit me any more......
This picture shows me when I arrived, you can see how big the rug looks on me - well now it is a perfect fit, just shows a delicate knee and a hint of a tail!

No comments: